CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What's in a sandwich?

So since we moved we now live about 5 minutes from campus which is awesome. And what's even more awesome is that this summer I've been working on campus so I spend like 20 minutes max in the car each day (yeah that's right big city folks, there is ONE advantage to living in Lubbock). But because of this close location I have been able to go home each day at lunch. Well last week Taryn was gone and so I had to go home and let Tess out and while I was there I made myself a sandwich. You know the typical turkey and cheese with mustard on wheat bread nothing out of the ordinary. However, as with most foods 4 straight days of the same sandwich with the same cracked pepper potato chips, baby carrot sticks and cherries you get a little sick and so you mix it up with a PB&J.

Well this week I haven't been feeling either of these two staple sandwiches and wanted to try something different. So since Taryn and I have just a stock-pile of flour tortillas we have been creating our own version of wrap sandwiches. And let me tell you when you throw them in a microwave and heat them up they are DELICIOUS. So since Monday we have had wrap sandwich made different ways. First day was basic turkey and cheese, the next we added lettuce (little did I know the lettuce was a month old and needless to say had a odd taste to it), and then today replaced the lettuce with some pepperoni. Each of these sandwiches was delicious in their own way, even the one with the nasty lettuce and I'm really excited to try some different salad dressings, different veggies, and different types of meat. But what is most surprising is that I just now realized how good a sandwich in a flour tortilla is. So for all you readers who have way too many extra tortillas and lunch meat make yourself a wrap and throw whatever you want into it.

Until next time

0 comments: