CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer of Changes

Its been quite the summer for Chase and I. I'm starting to get a little sad August is just around the corner- I pretty much hate the month of August (Sorry if I offend anyone with this comment). Here's why August is my least favorite month:
1. It is SO stinkin' HOT!
2. Its the time of year when the grass starts to lose its pretty green color and turn beautifully brown
3. Summer break is over
4.I get depressed at how much I did NOT get accomplished over the summer break

Now, the only redeeming quality August has going for it is the start of football season! Woohoo!

This summer has been full of traveling, visiting friends and family, house projects and big changes.
After our Disney vacation, Chase had to start back to school. This year is completely different than last 2 years. He started his rotations. His first rotation is the toughest, Surgery. He leaves every morning about 5 and gets home about 6 that evening. Every few days or so he "on call" and has to stay at the hospital all night. Thank goodness he's almost done. Its pretty intense, but he's LOVING it! I'm so proud of my little doctor-to-be! He looks so cute in his blue scrubs and pager on his hip- so official!

Speaking of official. Chase just received his Step 1 scores (biggest test in his life) and he did AWESOME!!!! So proud of him and all his hard work.

While Chase is becoming Dr. Chase, I've been getting things done around the house. Chase's mom and brother came up to Lubbock and helped me re-do the landscaping. What a daunting task. Thank you Corbin for your brawn; thank you Kelly for your never-ceasing hard work and thank you Chase for going to school so someday I can pay to have someone do our landscaping!

Here are some before and after pics:

Before:


After:
We painted the trim, ripped out the ground cover, planted new bushes and installed shutters.



Before in the backyard:



After:
We ripped up all the concrete pathways, waiting for grass to grow and planted new bushes- lets hope Tess doesn't eat them.



In other news- I got a new job!
I'm still teaching, but I moved schools and will now be teaching 6th grade science. I'm so excited and really looking forward to a new adventure!

We've had some friends visit recently. Elizabeth came down from Lubbock and I finally got to meet sweet little Reese. Is she not the cutest little thing. I definitely have been bitten by the baby bug:)



Well, summer is coming to a close and I start back to work pretty soon, but we are loving life and thankful for all the wonderful friends we've made in Lubbock and are proud to call it home!

3 comments:

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

I love the changes you've made to your home Taryn. Beautiful job. It's lovely! It was good to see you at Kayla's shower. Good to know you guys are well. Congrats on your new job!

www.amez11908.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

We miss ya´ll :(

Danielle said...

aww she is a precious little baby. Excellent job on the landscaping!!! Hope the first few weeks at your job is going swell!!