CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Long time coming...

It really has been quite a while since I've tackled the blog. Everytime I sit down to write it, I realize I have papers to grade or lessons to perfect... the wonderful job of teaching.

It has been crazy these last few weeks in the Cawyer household. October is one of my favorite months. I mean football, leaves changing, cooler weather, pumpkins, ACU Homecoming and of course its a month closer to Christmas!!!

Well, let me give you a re-cap of this month:

Shelbi, Preston, Chase and I traveled outside Lubbock and went to the pumpkin festival at the apple orchard one Sunday afternoon. It was such a cute little place, full of warm character and charm. The weather was a little misty, but still fun. We walked around the orchard and Chase and Preston decided to pick a few apples and have a juggling contest- it was quite the entertainment. They mastered 3 apples and tried to go for 4, not as successful:) Before we left, we were sure to get the famous apple cake... and it was delish!

Lets see.... what else

This year my dear dad turned the big 55. I mean thats really not that old, but really it kinda is. I guess because when I really think about my dad being 55, I think, wow I'm getting old too- weird.
I went home to surprise my dad at his surprise party. Ruthie told Dad they were just meeting friends for dinner at a mexican restaurant, but when they showed up, there was about 30 people waiting for him- he was shocked!! The best part was he thought I was back here Lubbock, so when we finaly got to see each other, it was such a nice moment.
I miss him.
So this is for dad- Happy 55th!!

Chase didn't get to come- dang med school gave him a final on a Monday, so he had to stay and study the weekend away:(
But he was missed- I guess we'll have to photoshop him in for family pic we took at the party. I think there was mention that it was going to be our Christmas card photo...

The next weekend we both skipped school on Friday and trekked down to Abilene for homecoming!! WOOOHOO! We met our families there since it is halfway for each of us. It was really good to catch up with the fam. Homecoming is always hard because we want to see our families, but we also want to see our friends that we rarely get to see. Since we live all over the place now, its hard to see everyone at the same time. Thats why I love homecoming!!!! It was a fun-filled, exhausting weekend. Chase and I took a walk around campus to see all the changes that are happening- that about wore me out. Chase, along with Jeffrey and Ryan, had to speak to prospective students to ACU about the pre-med program... which was pure entertainment:) The rest of the weekend as spent at the musical (so fun!), catching up with friends, enjoying the parade, game and dinner with the fam. Oh by the way, right when we were about to leave after dinner at Perini Ranch on Saturday, the Hardin-Simmons band came running through the restaurant- it was awesome!! It was so loud and so much fun to be a part of!!! Love the band!
So, all in all, Go Wildcats!!

As far as this weekend goes, its been so nice. We had a halloween party earlier this week and we went as a Tech sorority girl and an STD. The STD rate is out of control here- one in four people have an STD, so we thought we'd make fun of that. I'd like to credit Jenny Eyer for the idea- thanks Jenny!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST- the Tech vs. Texas game!!! We didn't get to go, but you better believed we watched every minute of it. Being an OU fan, I obviously always root AGAINST Texas. I mean I like Tech and all, but I really just didn't want Texas to win. So, Go TECH!!!!!!

Here's a few pics of our life lately.









2 comments:

Lauren Edwards said...

Ummm...I need a little help with knowing what the pumpkin on the right is supposed to be...?

Chase and Taryn Cawyer said...

It was Chase's attempt at an owl face that ended up being a hole. Aren't we glad he isn't trying to be an artist