CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, November 3, 2008

NOV.4 is Tomorrow!!

Disclaimer: I'm on my political soapbox... so if you choose not to read, I understand:)

I've never really been into the whole political thing, but this year I really am. Last time I voted in 2004, I didn't really feel like it mattered that much, nor did I care. But, now that I'm in the "real world", so many things are important to me. Not only the economy, public education or moral issues, but as a wife of a future doctor, the medical agenda as well.
From the healthcare concious, Cawyer household, if Obama's healthcare plan passes, we're all in for a rough time because the QUALITY of healthcare will dramatically go down. Some doctor's won't want to practice if they are making the same amount of money the accountant next door after being in med school for the last 10 years. Plus, the doctors that practice for the love of the field are going to be booked for months and months because everyone can now receive healthcare. Just not a good plan.

So, with all that being said, I am so Pro-McCain. I mean I know the guy is old, but so are our grandparents and I'm pretty sure they are the wisest people I know. With age comes wisdom and experience.
Experience means more to me than anything else Obama has to say. For example, I am a first year teacher and if my students had the choice, I would tell them to go across the hall to the teacher that has been teaching for 30 years because they will for sure receive a better education than I could ever give them because she has EXPERIENCE!!! It doesn't matter that we were educated the same, what matters is how long you've been on the job and dealt with the everyday challenges that come with the job.
I guess I'm a little heated about this because this is what what said in one of my classes today between two students:
Student 1: "I'm going for McCain because he's knows what he's doing."
Student 2: "He's to old to know what he's doing"

I mean really, what ignorance. I know they are only 13 years old, but whatever the child says, the parent has said at one point. It's not like the man is on his death bed, he's just got a little more life under his belt.

Oh and one more thing, does serving for America not mean anything in this election? On one hand, you have Obama that comes across to me as just a charismatic man that wants to have a powerful role in America. On the other hand, you have a less charismatic man that almost died serving our country and is more of a patriot than many of us ever will be.

Whether Obama or McCain wins, I think I will always have more respect for the patriot that served our country than the man that claims to be a patriot.


Whew... that is all.

2 comments:

The Fletchers said...

AMEN!!!

Erin Woolsey said...

haha i totally agree with you. i don't understand how raising taxes on anyone will help the economy.

ohh sad day.