CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ethical Debates and March Madness

So I'm sitting in my Leadership & Ethics class and we are having a panel that is pretending to have a philosophical discussion about Kantian, Utilitarian or Egotism ethics. An ethical class is important in that it really does help you think about how you react to different situations, but overall it is just a class to make people think they are getting smarter while paying thousands of dollars for an MBA. Whatever read the BIBLE it tells you what to do in every situation, that is my ethical belief.

March madness has begun and I already have the DVR set for Selection Sunday on CBS. More than that this is the first time in 3 years I actually get to enjoy two of my favorite days of the year by sitting in front of my TV and watching the NCAA tournament in HD, o life is good. That's right I will be skipping class, I will be ordering pizza, or other junk food and yes my wife will be right beside me (at least for the night games) to try and will her Sooners to a National Title. BTW it ain't happening. So if anyone wants to do nothing on March 19 & 20 but enjoy the greatness that is March Madness I will be at my Apartment so just come on over.

As a side note 8 predictions before the tournament bracket is set.
1) A 16 seed will come within 10 points of beating a number 1 (my guess is that number 1 is Memphis)
2) This will be the tournament with the least amount of big upsets in a long time.
3) At least three of the four brackets will have a 1-2 game regional final which would make for one of the most exciting weekends in basketball history
4) It's been awhile since a Cinderella hit a buzzer beater, that will change this year.
5) Twice
6) There is a better than 50% chance their could be 3 teams from the same conference in the Final Four
7) I'm going to be upset that Stefan Curry won't be in this year's tournament
8) I will be wearing my Wii pajama pants for the early Thursday games.

Until next time

1 comments:

Jeffrey D. Edwards said...

For ethical questions, just call the ACU athletic department.

You forgot to predict that Griffin and OU will be one of the most overrated programs to be a "favorite" in the NCAA tournament in a long time.

Sic 'em Bears.