CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

When is it time to say goodbye?

So once again I am sitting in my ethics class and bored. Which is really weird considering this class is one of my favorites I've had. Anyway I'm bored so I have a question. When is it time to say goodbye to your favorite jeans? Or for that matter any other article of clothing.

Last weekend I bought (or I should say my wonderful mother in law bought) a new pair of blue jeans. I had not purchased a new pair of jeans or received a new pair since Christmas of my freshman year so needless to say I needed some new ones. What prompted this decision you might ask? Well beside the fact that my mother in law is awesome she saw me wearing my favorite pair of jeans that I got my sophomore year of high school and the holes all over them (including the most important part my back left pocket wear my wallet is stored). On a side note is it not just so awkward to change which cheek your wallet is stored on?

Anyway so my question is when do you move an article of clothing out of the rotation of everyday wear into the area of work and junk wear? I have been struggling with this question for a week and I couldn't come up with an answer. More so I think this question is so stupid because it really has no bearing on life in the fact that it is just a pair of jeans, but regardless in the last hour I have decided when it is time to retire a article of clothing. When your wife says so. Taryn told me to not wear the jeans anymore and of course I ignored her b/c their my clothes and if my wallet falls out its my fault not hers. But in class just now I just heard "Ain't no one's happy if momma ain't happy" (it was great b/c a 30 year old black women said it.) Therefore, I am going to retire them into the 'I don't care what I look like category.' For those of you that have a pair of jeans or a shirt that you loved and it was always the one that you picked when you went out in, those are these jeans to me and so I ask that when you go home to put your favorite article of clothing away treasure that time b/c it flies by and have a moment of silence for me.

Until next time,
Chase

0 comments: