CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Who would have thought???

Who would have thought it was this hard to pick out paint?

Here's my new dilemma. Its not really a "dilemma," but to a type A person like myself, it is.

I just don't know what to paint the trim on our new house!

I know this sounds like a stupid thing to fret about, but it really is a taxing decision.

Currently, the house has cornflower blue trim. That's right blue- YUCK!! It will be one of the first things removed when we move in (two weeks by the way!!) I really can't stand the current curb-appeal... well, I wouldn't say it really even has curb appeal right now. Oh but it will in due time!!!!

So, I've been getting paint sample after paint sample and holding them up to every part of the house trying to narrow it down to something... but I just can't decide. You are probably thinking "its just paint, its not that big of decision." Wrong. Its so important for two reasons:

1. We are new to the neighborhood and I don't want people to look at our newly painted house and think "who are these new people that moved in and made our street look ridiculous?" I know it won't look as bad as the current cornflower blue, but still... I'm a people pleaser:)

2. We are sort of "flipping" this house to sell in a few years and I don't want someone not to buy it based on the trim color- that would be terrible. I've watched enough HGTV to know that people have a hard time looking past the current color of a house so I don't want someone to not give our house the credit it deserves based on the trim.

Side note: as I'm sitting here writing this, I'm thinking "just pick a color and go with it Taryn!" Geez.

Ok, this post was more therapeutic for me, than entertaining for you. Sorry.
I believe I'm going to go with a grayish/brown color.

Stayed tuned to see if I actually pick that color.

Until next time,
Live. Love. Pray. Give Thanks.
T

2 comments:

The Fletchers said...

I think you should post pictures of your new house so that we can help you pick the trim color!!!!

Maybe you can be daring with the door... maybe a red or blue door?! That would be cute!!!

POST SOME PICS! :)

Unknown said...

I want to see before and after pics!