CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, April 12, 2009

My First Easter as THE CHEF!

Happy Easter!!!

So far it has been a wonderful day!
Chase and I woke up early and went to the early 8:30 service. Our church just started this early, early service today, so we though we'd try it out.

We love our church. Today, I was especially moved by the sermon. Our preacher started a new series called, "Confessions of a Preacher." Its about how even preachers struggle with sin and NOBODY is perfect. At the end of the sermon the preacher wrote on an index card what sins he struggles with and has decided to surrender them to God. He then nailed the index card to a wooden cross on the stage to say "I surrender." He then invited us all to do the same. There were wooden crosses all around the room and Chase and I wrote what sins we struggle with and nailed it to the cross. I loved this. Not only did it actually make me think about what I struggle with, but that I have the freedom to surrender it to Christ and let him help me overcome these sins. What a great service!!!

After church, Chase and I came home and I made my first Easter meal. Since we had such a short break for Easter and we live so far from home, we didn't go home this weekend to be with family- its been a little sad this weekend, but Chase and I have enjoyed our little holiday to ourselves.

Anyway, back to the cooking. I mean I cook and all, but not really from scratch very often. Earlier in the week I asked Chase what he wanted for Easter lunch, and you can only imagine what he said. "Umm... have to have a ham and at least four sides and rolls."
My response... "Chase, its just the two of us." But, I agreed because lets face it, the guy loves leftovers and from my point of view, I sure don't mind cooking one HUGE meal on Sunday for him to feast on the rest of the week.

So, no more cooking for Taryn the rest of the week!!!!!

I would like to announce that my first Easter feast was a complete success!!! We dined on baked ham, broccoli rice casserole, HOMEMADE mashed potatoes, corn, rolls and my favorite green bean casserole!!! Delish!

Oh and of course cake for desert. I've attached a few pictures for those family members who may need actual evidence to prove my stellar cooking abilities.

And to round out the afternoon, Chase and I are watching some fantastic Master's action. Go Tiger!!!

Live. Love. Pray. Give Thanks.
T







6 comments:

The Fletchers said...

LOOKS DELISH! Miss you lots!

Elliott and Cherry Wood said...

Wow!! I am uber-impressed!! it looks amazing!! hope you guys had a Happy Easter even though it was away from family!!!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Food looks great Taryn!

Steven and I have been to a church where we nailed the papers with our sins written on it to the cross. It was such an amazing feeling and blessing to know that we were forgiven. I am so glad that Experience Life got to share in the same experience.

Sara said...

Hi T!!! That meal sounds absolutely delish! You're such a good wife. There's something about being together without family on those holidays that kinda brings you closer. We've done that several times but it's still always very special. Hope yall are doing well! Miss you friend!

mark and elizabeth said...

looks amazing! i'm so proud of you :)

Unknown said...

Wow T I'm impressed. Lets hope my husband doesn't come across this post, he may get a little jealous! See ya Wednesday for LOST! :)