CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Infamous White Coat

The time has come for Chase to start his long, strenuous journey to become Dr. Chase Cawyer. Last night we had the "White Coat Ceremony", which is a tradition started at Columbia University in 1993 and ever since then, medical schools all over have taken part in this traditional ceremony. Each medical student is given a white coat that comes to about their waist (the more education you have, the longer your white coat is- so if you see a doctor with one to his ankles... pretty good chance he's a good doc!) Every student walked across the stage and the Deans of the med school presented them with their coat- it was such a neat way to start off this new journey!!!
As I was sitting there watching Chase walk across and put on his coat, I started to tear up. Why you ask??? Well, It brings me such joy to see how much Chase has accomplished to get to med school- its no walk in the park and I couldn't be a more proud wife!!!! I know its going to be a rough road ahead, but I couldn't be happier to take this adventure with him. As the cermony continued on, I started envisioning him walking across the stage 4 years from now and the Dean saying, "Doctor Chase Robert Cawyer"- if the sound of that doesn't give you chills, I dont know what will!
And might I just add... sitting among all the professors, doctors, parents and medical students, I was completely surrounded by knowledge and it was such a surreal experience. I felt part of a different realm of society that was WAY out of my league!!! Way cool!!!
Here's a few pictures of the exciting event:






2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so proud of you Chase..and you too Taryn...my fellow teacher friend :) Love y'all!

The Fletchers said...

YEAH Dr. Cawyer!! And so the journey begins... enjoy the road ahead... I promise there is in fact a light at the end of the tunnel! Call if you EVER need anything. Love you both!