CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, August 16, 2008

"The Real World" Lubbock

Life has begun here in our sweet, little town. I officially feel "grown up"..... and its pretty crappy! I mean, I've always loved the weekends, but now that Chase and I are non-stop 8-5ers, we LOVE the weekends. We woke up yesterday and said, "thank goodness its Friday." So we now live for Fridays.. and I dont like it one bit. Its cool to grow up and all, but not really that cool:) It felt like flight of the bumble bee today to try and get the laundry done, clean the house, grocery shop and run errands... but on the flip side it is so nice to finally sit down and watch the olympics AND Cowboys all in the same night! Go Romo!!!! I recently declared to Chase that I am a "Romo groupie" and you better believe I'll be in front of the TV every Sunday or Monday night cheering my boys on!!!! Oh, and if anyone would like to get me some tickets for the new stadium next season... I'll gladly accept! Just kidding, like anyone in their right mind could afford those things!

On another note- The Olympics. Is it just me (or maybe just Lubbock because there's not much to do here) or does it seem like everyone in the world is watching the games. I feel like its a bigger thing than it has been in a while since Atlanta, but it could just be that I'm more into it this time. How could you not be? I've lost more sleep this last week than I have since my fun days of college. Between Michael Phelps and the women's gymnastics, I'm obsessed!!!!!

Phelps: Amazing!!! Really, maybe one of the greatest athletes ever!!! I mean, I LOVE Tiger and definitely believe he has an awesome gift, but Phelps is unbelieveable- there's no stopping this guy. Last night when he won by one hundreths of a second, I was yelling so loud and freaking out because I thought for a brief second he might lose... but then I thought, No WAY!! He's Michael Phelps! After the race, I told Chase, I really feel like the nation would be depressed if he lost. Everyone would be a little more somber. He's like a breath of fresh air for America!!! Go USA!!!

Gymnastics: If you dont already know, I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT GYMNASTICS!!!!
I used to be in it and enjoyed every minute of it. It makes me giddy just to get to watch others perform. So, this has been one of the best olympics ever in my life. Dont' get me wrong, 1996 was picture perfect when the girls won the team gold. I recorded it on VHS 8 years ago and we still have it- I wouldn't let Chase get rid of it when we were moving- its just that special to me. But, this year has been so fun to watch. When Nastia won the gold, I just cried for about 5 minutes. Don't ask why, I just get into these kind of things. Even when the national anthem started, I just let the tears keep falling. SO proud to be an American!

So, I just realize I haven't put any pictures up of our sweet, little apartment, so here you go. (Mom, these are really for you:))
There's a few pics of the beautiful sunsets I get to look at every evening...aahhh.












3 comments:

Emily said...

OH taryn! Tbe apt. is absolutely beautiful...Josh and I love it! Btw-we're TOTALLY obsessed w/ the Olympics. In fact, Nastia's hometown is just 10min away! We're hopeing there will be some kind of parade for her haha! Well, we love you so much and hope to see y'all soon!

The Fletchers said...

I love your little house!!! SO pretty!!! I especially love the plates in the kitchen :)

Miss you tons!

Elliott and Cherry Wood said...

Taryn, your apartment is precious!! you have done such a wonderful job decorating!! i hope teaching is going wonderful--we miss you guys!!