CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Medical School + Olympics = Conflict of Interest

Why did the Olympics have to be on during my first few weeks of Medical School? I mean really the timing could not be more horrible. I literally go to school from 8 to 12, study 1 to 6 and watch the Olympics from 7 to 11. Normal I would think this was a great schedule, because of the balance between school and fun and the fact Taryn and I watch the Olympics together to make sure we don't skimp out on our time, but during these first couple of weeks of class I feel so overwhelmed and that I just am not studying enough. Of course I think most people feel the same because before you have ever seen a test you automatically assume the hardest concepts and questions will be on the test (and it Med School this seems highly likely). Anyway it is just freaking me out because the Olympics end like two days before my first test and you know I'm going to watch the Closing Ceremonies and so I'm just scared that I'm not studying enough. Anyway for Casey Cope's benefit I'm going to step off my diva soap box and talk about interesting things.

So Taryn's brother Christopher and my cousins Jeff and Madison moved into good ole Mabee Dorm yesterday afternoon. Wow how crazy it was that 4 years ago today I was moving into Mabee 1st North room 102. O great times with Thursday Night Parties, Survivor watching (go Ian), workout time, Christmas tree showers and Stevie. Speaking of Stevie has anyone seen Steven the Korean lately? Just wondering.

Speaking of Korea I noticed that there were none of them in the Men's 100m race yesterday. All there was were Caribbean runners. All eight were from either a Caribbean island or south Florida and boy could they fly. It's no wonder Florida Univ. spreads the field like crazy. Anyway I want to talk about the man they call Lighting. Usain Bolt is the fastest individual to ever live and call me crazy, but I don't know if anyone will ever be as fast as he is right now. He ran the race in 9.69 seconds. He beat the world record by .03 that is like breaking the marathon record by a minute and half I heard one analyst say. But here is the craziest part. He STOPPED sprinting at about 75m and coasted into the finish line. If he wanted to he could have ran it in 9.5 there is no doubt. So I got to thinking why doesn't Jerry Jone gives this guy a nice little contract to come play football for the Cowboys. Just put him on the opposite side of T.O. and tell him to go deep ever play. If nothing else he could make some room for Witten and T.O. over the middle, any takers on this idea?

On a completely random note a United commercial just came on and it sucked. No wonder they are about to go down the tube. You know who doesn't have crappy commercials? Budweiser. Now it is not secret Beer company's spend a bazillion dollars on advertisement, but that one where they sing, "This is Budweiser, this is beer." and all the Americana scenes flash across the scene o its just awesome especially during the Olympics. The only thing that bothers me is that they just got sold to InBev which is not American so I kind of feel like the Patriotism is forced, but hey I love it and Taryn cries every time so they must be doing something right.

Anyway Michael Phelps is awesome and I'm seriously considering ordering Olympic Legend: Michael Phelps. Maybe you should to.

0 comments: