CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Skype

So this coming up Sunday I have my annual fantasy football draft. Now in the past couple of years I've gotten together on a glorious Sunday August afternoon at the Reservation and picked the players we think would have the best season for over 3 hours. Now some of y'all would think this is crazy and stupid, but that day had to be one of my favorite days of the year. It's like you're the GM of your own football team drafting rookie prospects, picking up the right veteran to help your squad its just awesome. Much more on fantasy football to come, but I just had to say that to set up what I wanted to type about.
So anyway all of the guys in my league now live in different states and the logistics of getting together to draft just ain't happening, so we decided that we are going to do an online draft. Now it is not the ideal situation in the fact that half the fun of the draft is yelling at people for taking the guy you wanted or making fun of someone for making what seems like the stupidest pick ever (this is especially fun to do at Hutton, even though for every 2 crappy picks he has the steal of the draft, Randy Moss last year). We'll anyway since we aren't around each other Jesse brought up the idea to do some video chat. He wanted to do iChat because he has a mac, but I had to get a Dell for school so I can't use iChat. But what I can use is Skype.
I love Skype. Taryn and I talked to Jesse and Jenny for a good hour and half to two hours about life and even got a tour of their apartment. Now I know some of you haters will say why don't you just talk on the phone. And all I have to say is that it is not even close to the same thing. So much is lost over the phone and when you can see them so much is added to the conversation. So I urge everyone and anyone who has bought a laptop in the past year or two or if you just happen to half a webcam get skype and add me as your friend. It is so fun to talk to people and I would love to talk to anyone. So go get Skype.
O and yes I'm ecstatic about our draft on Sunday being able to talk and see people, I just hope Hutton has a cam so we can make fun of him again (O and if you know how to conference chat on skype and maintain video let me now because I need to know.

2 comments:

Jeffrey D. Edwards said...

Hey dude i was just thinking that maybe it would be cool if you could kinda update your blog every once in a while since it has been like i dont know a month since you last updated it. ok cool. im audi 5,000.

Ryan Mack said...

so a favorite pastime of mine and jeff's is to read the cawyer blog in between our classes since that is apparently the only free time we have during the day and i have to say that i am very disappointed in the lack of posts so we have been relegated to reading the sports guy complain about boston sports during our precious 10 minutes, what gives?